Thursday 28 May 2015

First impressions: Nars Sheer Glow

I was never really into makeup until I was 18. I used to wear mascara but never anything on my face. But now I do and I'm obsessed.

I love how much foundation can transform my face and can't believe I never wore it sooner. My only problem is I'm struggling to find my perfect shade.





I've been through high street and high end foundations and can never bond with one for my pale skin. After some research I discovered I have a 'pink undertone' and was wearing 'yellow undertone' foundation. I'm not going to pretend that I know what that means but after a quick Google search of pink undertone foundation. the first to pop up was Nars Sheer Glow.

I've heard many positive reviews about this foundation and some negative so figured the best way to find out was to try. 

I bought in shade Mont Blanc which is the second lightest shade. I usually buy the lightest shade in foundation ranges but with my new undertone knowledge, Mont Blanc matched my new specification.


A swatch of the foundation on my skin


So first things first, I loved the packaging, it looks sleek and rich which is everything I want from a foundation. I applied it using a Real Techniques Stipping Brush because I prefer a flawless coverage. 

I found the foundation applied really smoothly and felt light on my skin. The 'sheer glow' wasn't as prominent as I thought it would be but I actually prefer it that way. 

After I'd finished with my makeup (using Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent and Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Rosewood) I thought my face did look a bit orange and it didn't have the perfect match to my skin I hoped for so I was a bit disappointed.




However, as the day wore on I felt like the foundation had 'settled' more and did provided a nice pale glow and smoothed out my skin nicely.

In terms of lasting, the foundation did last all day (I used Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer beforehand) and it didn't go patchy which I find with my most cheaper foundations.


Overall, I wouldn't say I've found the perfect foundation for me but I have found a pretty good substitute for now. I think with more time I may find different ways to apply it and use different blending techniques to give me the perfect match. 

Has anyone else used this foundation? I'd love to hear how you found it work for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment